Help to fit a dump valve please!

This site contains affiliate links for which LandyZone may be compensated if you make a purchase.
I do know a dump valve can be fitted to a Discovery 300 Tdi.

I know know it has been done and an example video can be found on YouTube.

I know of a place that sells and fits them to a Discovery.

But do you know how pointless it is? :D

I had a dump valve on my Impreza WRX, hated it on that and wouldn't dream of one on a Discovery. As you put your foot down it wheezes off slowly in first, go to change in second and it makes that sneeze sound, rattles towards third and again that sneeze. Honestly, it'll sound ****, the combination of diesel rattle and posers sneeze..

But, if you must make a fool of yourself, do it in style and fit one of these dump "valves"..
The Saber EDV Electronic Dump Valve Simulator - Saber-edv.com - Home

The dump valve is for a diffo vehicle, and the signals or protocol will be totally diffo, si I'm afraid that its prbably not gonna work.
There might well be a way, but you'd have to chop the electronics and do a load of crap like that.

The kit is universal so it just needs to be connected to one of the three wires going into the throttle sensor. but i dont know which one.
cheers
james

My sons got one on his focus st and it sounds cool, so cool he got a 60 quid fine because it attracted the attention of two traffic cops on bikes who looked across and saw him move off without his seatbelt on, hehehehe.

Its meant to preserve the life of the turbo, but on a diesel landie ffs, better with the lolly pop sticks.

On the big wheel at the front or the little one at the rear??:).

I remember doing the deliveries for the co-op on their bike, big heavy bastid with big tyres.

Well actually, I remember ONCE fitting two lolly sticks to each wheel!

The idea was to make a sound like a Lancaster bomber.

It didn't.

It made a sound like four lollipop sticks tied to a bike and rattling in the spokes.

The idea didn't last long.

Nor did the lollipop sticks.

CharlesY

Well actually, I remember ONCE fitting two lolly sticks to each wheel!

The idea was to make a sound like a Lancaster bomber.

It didn't.

It made a sound like four lollipop sticks tied to a bike and rattling in the spokes.

The idea didn't last long.

Nor did the lollipop sticks.

CharlesY

Betcha you played marbles aswel, and built the airfix kits, and the ultimate, the bogy made out of pram wheels with a rope to steer "somebodys washing line".

We also used to slide down the coal bings on bread boards on the ferns, and raid the dentists garden for crab apples. Got me going now so you have.:)

I have been bought one as a present... It has a solenoid that needs to be connected to the throttle position sensor. There is my first issue. I cant find one.
I have a 90 fitted with a disco 300tdi, egr removed. Anyone help?

I have been bought one as a present... It has a solenoid that needs to be connected to the throttle position sensor. There is my first issue. I cant find one.

:hysterically_laughi

Why?
It is a waste of time, space and wont give you any benefits. :doh:

Back