1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome To LandyZone!

    LandyZone is the biggest Land Rover forum on the net. We have plenty of very knowledgable members so if you have any questions about your Land Rover or just want to connect with other Landy owners, you're in the right place.

    Registering is free and easy just click here, we hope to see you on the forums soon!

200tdi radiator replacement-which one!?

Discussion in '200 TDi' started by dodgyrob, Mar 26, 2012.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dodgyrob

    dodgyrob New Member

    Mar 26, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Newport, Newport, so good they named it twice
    Im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice.....?

    The radiator on my 1991 defender 200tdi manual transmission is kaput, its leaking water from the fins and I need to replace it.
    I was quoted £600 from Bearmach which is over the top so I have found a few cheaper options but I am confused!
    I have found a good quality replacement for £120 but apparently it is only suitable for JA chassis numbers and onward, as my chassis number is HA I dont want to risk purchasing it without some advice from an expert!
    The rads I have found which apparently are suitable for HA chassis numbers are around £350 because they come with a new inter cooler, however, I dont want a new inter cooler as there is nothing wrong with the one that is on there!
    Any help or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated as I dont want to destroy her engine by fitting the wrong rad!
    Thanks for reading
  2. jamesmartin

    jamesmartin Well-Known Member

    Dec 8, 2010
    Likes Received:
    louth lincs
    rad part number pre ja is ntc4893 and after esr1676, as far as i remember its the oil cooler adapters that vary and are usually replaceable,(but couldnt guarrentee that is the same on all rads) with your old ones, google btp1823,new later pipes are esr1913 and esr1912
  3. dave18

    dave18 Active Member

    Mar 8, 2011
    Likes Received:
    You can buy x-overs for the oil cooler connections.

    Theres normally some new ones on fleabay for £80+
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >