A clear video showing how to put the bonnet in service mode and remove the battery
Permission to link to this video as a 'how to' has been given by Simon Jefferson of PowerfulUK
1) You don't need two people to put the bonnet in service mode.
2) The battery is stupidly heavy - tie any loose cables out the way before removing - mine always seem to get in the way.
- Remove both the clips holding the gas struts (don't actually take the struts off). While removing the clip for the second strut support the bonnet in case the bonnet does close (it never has for me).
- Now take off one gas strut and slip the end under the acoustic padding stuck to the bonnet
- Walk around to the other strut while keeping the bonnet open
- Once round the other side, move the bonnet up to the max height, take the final strut off and use the service clips as directed in the video
3) Remove the earth (-black) lead first before the live (+red), prevents shorts. Fit the cables back in the reverse order - 10mm socket for the battery clamps.
4) After reconnecting the battery you will get a dash warning (yellow triangle) - with the engine started, turn the steering lock to lock and the warning will go.
Welcome To LandyZone!
LandyZone is the biggest Land Rover forum on the net. We have plenty of very knowledgable members so if you have any questions about your Land Rover or just want to connect with other Landy owners, you're in the right place.
Bonnet in service position and changing the battery