sluggish towing

This site contains affiliate links for which LandyZone may be compensated if you make a purchase.
Yep a Td5. Handbrake off all right. If the brakes were on or dragging would their not be a smell of hot brakes, I drove a considerable distance.

I had to reverse up a small incline and could smell the brakes after but I know this is due to the design of the braking system.

No I didn't allow the anti stall to work, I used the throttle.

The other thing I noticed was last night, when i was pulling into my estate, there is a slight hill and if I turn in slow, in 2nd gear, with no trailer just the disco it even struggles to get up that

Yes I would be expecting a smell of burning brakes too if they were stuck on, altho it does seem like there has been a problem after you reversed up the incline. The design is pretty poor. I got caught out once reversing trailer into drive when one wheel just caught the kerb but of course I thought I could just give it a bit of a shove up the kerb and no probs....learned from that one, obviously brakes engaged against the pressure on the hitch and my " little push" parted the linings from the shoes and the trailer would hardly move after that.

Yes I would be expecting a smell of burning brakes too if they were stuck on, altho it does seem like there has been a problem after you reversed up the incline. The design is pretty poor. I got caught out once reversing trailer into drive when one wheel just caught the kerb but of course I thought I could just give it a bit of a shove up the kerb and no probs....learned from that one, obviously brakes engaged against the pressure on the hitch and my " little push" parted the linings from the shoes and the trailer would hardly move after that.

Personally I much preferred the old system where you got out and put the latch down on the linkage. Auto reverse are tricky if it is steep or very slippery.

Wanted one of them but road tax is 1480 euro and doesn't matter if it's LPG converted.

I wouldn't have got one if it cost that much to tax! :eek:

Mine is about 240 sterling, but a few years later they rocket up to 400plus, vehicle tax here is crazy, but not as bad as over there by the sound of it.

SL,i gave you the info on a re map,get it done and you will be better than the v8 disco and use less fuel.:D:D:D

I know and thanks. Funds won't allow at the moment, unfortunately. Got a full service and MOT coming up in a couple of weeks :(

I wouldn't have got one if it cost that much to tax! :eek:

Mine is about 240 sterling, but a few years later they rocket up to 400plus, vehicle tax here is crazy, but not as bad as over there by the sound of it.

What is this "Vehicle Tax" thing?

I think we don't have it over here.......................................................:D:D:D

Back