Land Rover ForumsLandrover Forum

Forum LZ Shop Gallery For Sale LZ - Live
Go Back   Land Rover Zone > Land Rover Talk > Range Rover
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Range Rover This is the place for Range Rover talk. Forum Sponsored By: Emmotts Of Colne - Range Rover P38 Breakers

Welcome to Land Rover Zone!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos and use our for sale section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 18th-November-2013, 21:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Default Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Hello - I have a 1995 RR Classic 300TDI Soft Dash that needs the heated windscreen replaced. I am able to source the screen itself but due to it being bonded I cannot seem to be able to find somebody that can supply the external finishers. All main dealers/aftermarket suppliers I have tried have told me that the parts have been discontinued. If anybody has recently been able to purchase them or knows of where I can the information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
LZ
  #2  
Old 18th-November-2013, 21:21
dogsbody's Avatar
Ancient Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 9,237
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Hello to you too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19th-November-2013, 06:58
dogsbody's Avatar
Ancient Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 9,237
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOR View Post
Hello - I have a 1995 RR Classic 300TDI Soft Dash that needs the heated windscreen replaced. I am able to source the screen itself but due to it being bonded I cannot seem to be able to find somebody that can supply the external finishers. All main dealers/aftermarket suppliers I have tried have told me that the parts have been discontinued. If anybody has recently been able to purchase them or knows of where I can the information would be greatly appreciated.
Just to show that we can be nice guys - even to somebody who barges in without so much as an introduction.

The trims for a 95 - 02 Rangie are still listed by two of the biggest windscreen suppliers.
7024 ASMRT - 74
ASMRR - 95
ASMRL - 95
ASMRB - 67
AKMRS 155
CLIPS
7024 AKCR - 4
AKCRB - 4
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19th-November-2013, 08:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Good morning dogsbody, thank you for your response. Apologies for the lack of forum etiquette, I joined last night and have just looked at and posted on the introduction thread..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19th-November-2013, 19:47
dogsbody's Avatar
Ancient Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 9,237
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOR View Post
Good morning dogsbody, thank you for your response. Apologies for the lack of forum etiquette, I joined last night and have just looked at and posted on the introduction thread..
I'll let you off, especially as I think that I've given you the wrong codes.
'95 was the changeover year wasn't it? So you must have one of the last Classics.
I'll double check codes and availability and get back to you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th-November-2013, 20:08
plymouthdave's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to plymouthdave
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Without treading on water?
I thought the old classic was in rubber and not bonded?
Its a long time ago but am sure we used to "hitch" the old classic screen in from the outside and clipping the top two corners for ease of installation?
Corners were re-glued and arbomast used for a watertight seal.
.
Worth a check and good luck with it
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19th-November-2013, 20:38
dogsbody's Avatar
Ancient Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 9,237
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouthdave View Post
Without treading on water?
I thought the old classic was in rubber and not bonded?
Its a long time ago but am sure we used to "hitch" the old classic screen in from the outside and clipping the top two corners for ease of installation?
Corners were re-glued and arbomast used for a watertight seal.
.
Worth a check and good luck with it
There were Classics made with bonded screens for a short while before the Pegasus was released.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19th-November-2013, 20:41
dogsbody's Avatar
Ancient Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 9,237
Default Re: Range Rover Classic 1995 Soft Dash - Windscreen replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
Just to show that we can be nice guys - even to somebody who barges in without so much as an introduction.

The trims for a 95 - 02 Rangie are still listed by two of the biggest windscreen suppliers.
7024 ASMRT - 74
ASMRR - 95
ASMRL - 95
ASMRB - 67
AKMRS 155
CLIPS
7024 AKCR - 4
AKCRB - 4
The suffixes are good, apart from the clips, but the code should have been 7023.
If you still run into trouble I think that it was the same screen and trims used in the Disco. Not 100% sure but . . . .
Reply With Quote
LZ
Reply

Thread Tools



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:08.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Page generated in 0.10012 seconds with 8 queries