Can this be welded?

This site contains affiliate links for which LandyZone may be compensated if you make a purchase.

iwantone

As a Land Rover owner who has never welded, I know, what's the chances of that happening eh? Anyway, Discovery 300, rear door wheel arch has a slight whole.. Is it weldabubble?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 264
Cheers Gems, the part costs around £40. I've got the metal, I just need someone to weld it. How much would be reasonable to pay for welding

Talking lengths of string, you have the metal but who is to prep, bend, finish and paint and to what standard? Good as new repair would run to £Hundreds, Pigeon sh1t patch and heavy layer of underseal could be done in half an hour for a coffee and slice of cake.

if your broke then patch it if not do a panel change otherwise it will look like a festering piece of puss unless the repairer is good in which case it will cost more to repair the panel than replace!

if your broke then patch it if not do a panel change otherwise it will look like a festering piece of puss unless the repairer is good in which case it will cost more to repair the panel than replace!

id think that wasnt to difficult to patch fairly well , you do run the risk of opening a can of worms replacing the whole panel on a disco 1

Back