Land Rover ForumsLandrover Forum

Forum LZ Shop Gallery For Sale LZ - Live
Go Back   Land Rover Zone > Land Rover Talk > Land Rover Freelander
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Rover Freelander Freelander fans, let's hear you. Forum Sponsored By: Famous Four - Land Rover Freelander Parts Supplier

Welcome to Land Rover Zone!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos and use our for sale section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 14th-November-2008, 18:10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
Default Pollen filter

Have non air conditioned freelanders got a pollen filter?

Reason I ask is that I was charged for one on the last service.

If it has one, where is it?

Steve
Reply With Quote
LZ
  #2  
Old 14th-November-2008, 20:16
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 62
Default Re: Pollen filter

beneath glove box in foot well, square panel about 4 might be two cant remember from last change, posi screws underneath.Remove housing and an acordion type filter should pull out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14th-November-2008, 20:26
Northern Irelander's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. Ireland
Posts: 2,835
Default Re: Pollen filter

Ah yes the piece of muslin charged at around 25 plus VAT.

I removed mine back in 2001 after the first service, resealed the hole with the base cut away from the filter, they are an extortionate price and only work for the first few months TBH. Airflow to the windscreen is better now without it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16th-November-2008, 19:01
willo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Pollen filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Irelander View Post
Ah yes the piece of muslin charged at around 25 plus VAT.

I removed mine back in 2001 after the first service, resealed the hole with the base cut away from the filter, they are an extortionate price and only work for the first few months TBH. Airflow to the windscreen is better now without it
Hi N.I.

Sorry but there you lost me, when I replaced my filter (once so far) I just had to take off the lid at the bottom and slide the filter out, the new one could just slide in and afterwards screw the lid on again. Nothing to cut away from the filter or so ???
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16th-November-2008, 20:02
DTO DTO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 334
Default Re: Pollen filter

The lid is part of the filter ,He removed most of the filter and just fitted the plastic bottom bit back in with the screws .
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16th-November-2008, 20:22
willo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Pollen filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO View Post
The lid is part of the filter ,He removed most of the filter and just fitted the plastic bottom bit back in with the screws .
Hi DTO,

That's what puzzled me in the answer as when I changed my pollenfilter all I had to do was take off the bottom lid and slide the old filter out. This was in no way attached to the lid. Also the new one was just to be sticked in and then the lid to be screwed on again. No cutting whatsoever to be done. Thanks and have fun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16th-November-2008, 20:47
DTO DTO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 334
Default Re: Pollen filter

you must have an early pollen filter which has a separate lid , which is funny because your td4 is 01 and mine is 2000 and has the new type .

the bottom of filter element is the lid that screws up , and like mine has been chopped down because it's blocked up , I will be getting one of ebay for about 12 so not to bad , I had to do this for now as fan output was down for clearing windscreen !


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16th-November-2008, 21:02
Northern Irelander's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. Ireland
Posts: 2,835
Default Re: Pollen filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO View Post
you must have an early pollen filter which has a separate lid , which is funny because your td4 is 01 and mine is 2000 and has the new type .

the bottom of filter element is the lid that screws up , and like mine has been chopped down because it's blocked up , I will be getting one of ebay for about 12 so not to bad , I had to do this for now as fan output was down for clearing windscreen !


Correct, I cut the base off, which screws up into the ducting. It is an early FL1, late 00
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16th-November-2008, 22:01
willo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Pollen filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO View Post
you must have an early pollen filter which has a separate lid , which is funny because your td4 is 01 and mine is 2000 and has the new type .

the bottom of filter element is the lid that screws up , and like mine has been chopped down because it's blocked up , I will be getting one of ebay for about 12 so not to bad , I had to do this for now as fan output was down for clearing windscreen !


Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Irelander View Post
Correct, I cut the base off, which screws up into the ducting. It is an early FL1, late 00
Hi all,

Mine was delivered on january 9th 2001 which makes it a make 2000, but as mine was an export (Europe, same specs. as NAS I think) it is possible these got the separate lid and the domestic ones got the combined filter/lid ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16th-November-2008, 23:23
DTO DTO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 334
Default Re: Pollen filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo1971 View Post
Have non air conditioned freelanders got a pollen filter?

Reason I ask is that I was charged for one on the last service.

If it has one, where is it?

Steve
yes you still have a pollen filter
Reply With Quote
LZ
Reply

Thread Tools



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:06.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Page generated in 0.12713 seconds with 8 queries