Land Rover ForumsLandrover Forum

Forum LZ Shop Gallery For Sale LZ - Live
Go Back   Land Rover Zone > Newsgroups > Newsgroups > alt.fan.landrover
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

alt.fan.landrover Your gateway to the Landrover Fan Newsgroup. 10 posts or more required before posting is allowed here. Please read this before entering.

Welcome to Land Rover Zone!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos and use our for sale section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 31st-October-2005, 17:06
bolivar1001@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

Hi
Does anybody know if the "Honda Genuine MTF" is really the Texaco
MTF-94 ?

thanks
Pat

Reply With Quote
LZ
  #2  
Old 31st-October-2005, 17:16
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"


<bolivar1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1130778395.506228.326500@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi
> Does anybody know if the "Honda Genuine MTF" is really the Texaco
> MTF-94 ?
>


They are to all intents and purpose Identical.

Huw


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1st-November-2005, 01:16
bolivar1001@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

Huw
how did you come to that conclusion?
is that info available somewhere?

the MTF-94 is hard to get while the "Honda Genuine MTF" is available
I don't want to make a mistake using the Honda product in my R380 if
they are not completely the same thing.
Please let me know

thanks
Pat

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1st-November-2005, 08:45
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

In message <1130807813.295735.292270@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups .com>
bolivar1001@yahoo.com wrote:

> Huw
> how did you come to that conclusion?
> is that info available somewhere?
>
> the MTF-94 is hard to get while the "Honda Genuine MTF" is available
> I don't want to make a mistake using the Honda product in my R380 if
> they are not completely the same thing.
> Please let me know
>
> thanks
> Pat
>


What about:

MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
5L - Morris Oil 13.00

Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1st-November-2005, 09:37
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"


<bolivar1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1130807813.295735.292270@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Huw
> how did you come to that conclusion?
> is that info available somewhere?
>
> the MTF-94 is hard to get while the "Honda Genuine MTF" is available
> I don't want to make a mistake using the Honda product in my R380 if
> they are not completely the same thing.
> Please let me know
>


Texaco were the manufacturers of original fill oil for British built Honda
gearboxes fitted to MG/Rover/Austin cars from the early 80's. There is
nothing new or mysterious about the oil.
FWIW I have used MT type oil in my LT77 gearbox for over 15 years and long
before LR decided it was a superior product. It still goes as well as ever
after over 10,000 hours of intense use. I have never used the specific MTF
[belatedly] recommended by LR but use MT oil specific for Ford MT75 [i think
it's called] made by Morris oils so as far as I am concerned the brand is
not important as long as it is reputable while the spec is most important
but not life threatening as long as it is better than ATF, which LR
recommended for many years and which provided little wear protection over
the long term.

Huw


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1st-November-2005, 10:12
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"


"beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote in message
news:5a20e6c24d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
> In message <1130807813.295735.292270@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups .com>
> bolivar1001@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Huw
>> how did you come to that conclusion?
>> is that info available somewhere?
>>
>> the MTF-94 is hard to get while the "Honda Genuine MTF" is available
>> I don't want to make a mistake using the Honda product in my R380 if
>> they are not completely the same thing.
>> Please let me know
>>
>> thanks
>> Pat
>>

>
> What about:
>
> MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
> 5L - Morris Oil 13.00
>


If I didn't have the MT75 stuff left to use in my workshop, that is what I
would probably use. Either that or the Fuchs equivalent.

Huw


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1st-November-2005, 10:29
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

Huw wrote:

>>What about:
>>
>>MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
>> 5L - Morris Oil 13.00
>>

>
>
> If I didn't have the MT75 stuff left to use in my workshop, that is what I
> would probably use. Either that or the Fuchs equivalent.
>
> Huw
>
>


I'd second Huw on using Morris Lubes, if in doubt, you can always speak
to the guys in Morris Oil technical support - they are experts.

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1st-November-2005, 10:35
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

In message <43674241$0$355$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>
Steve Taylor <steve@thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote:

> Huw wrote:
>
> >>What about:
> >>
> >>MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
> >> 5L - Morris Oil 13.00
> >>

> >
> >
> > If I didn't have the MT75 stuff left to use in my workshop, that is what I
> > would probably use. Either that or the Fuchs equivalent.
> >
> > Huw
> >
> >

>
> I'd second Huw on using Morris Lubes, if in doubt, you can always speak
> to the guys in Morris Oil technical support - they are experts.
>
> Steve


Indeed - my 110 is just coming up to 250,000 whith no major mechanical
failures (even the gearbox died due to a broken circlip rather than
the usual - though at 210,000 it was going) - all on Morris Oils. 'Course
the oils are change regularly (cough, cough)! I sell it because it's good,
even though a most people outside the transport industry have never heard
of them

Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 1st-November-2005, 10:49
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"


"beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote in message
news:ce47f0c24d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
> In message <43674241$0$355$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>
> Steve Taylor <steve@thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Huw wrote:
>>
>> >>What about:
>> >>
>> >>MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
>> >> 5L - Morris Oil 13.00
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > If I didn't have the MT75 stuff left to use in my workshop, that is
>> > what I
>> > would probably use. Either that or the Fuchs equivalent.
>> >
>> > Huw
>> >
>> >

>>
>> I'd second Huw on using Morris Lubes, if in doubt, you can always speak
>> to the guys in Morris Oil technical support - they are experts.
>>
>> Steve

>
> Indeed - my 110 is just coming up to 250,000 whith no major mechanical
> failures (even the gearbox died due to a broken circlip rather than
> the usual - though at 210,000 it was going) - all on Morris Oils. 'Course
> the oils are change regularly (cough, cough)! I sell it because it's good,
> even though a most people outside the transport industry have never heard
> of them
>


My company [the company I work for LOL] was the first ever to arrange a tour
around the Morris factory. It was an eye opener for many customers who came
with us to see the quality control and to see oil being packed in cans for
many reputable manufacturers in OE colours and brands apart from Morris
cans.
Like I said my 110 has passed an amazing 10,000 hours of work, which would
be equivalent to 300,000 miles at 30mph. In fact it has done some 130,000
miles of very short offroad journeys mainly fetching cows and pulling a vast
cattle trailer. No work done on any major component apart from clutches and
power steering. I do put the gearbox life down to using MTF type oil in the
main box and thin oil in the transfer. The engine has always used long drain
oil [SHPD] changed every 5000 miles for convenience.


Huw


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2nd-November-2005, 09:47
Tom Woods
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Texaco MTF-94 & "Honda Genuine MTF"

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:45:26 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd
<beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote:

>What about:
>
>MTFLOD5L Lodexol MTF GL4 Fully Synthetic 75w/80 Transmission Oil
> 5L - Morris Oil 13.00


Richard -

Can you get the morris oil in 25L containers?, and do they work out as
cheaper than buying multiple 5L's?
and do you stock any different grades to the ones you list on your
site? (my fleet of saabs drink 10/30 and it would be less hassle for
me to buy in bulk!)

I'm assuming that you just stick in a big order from morris every so
often to keep yourself in stock? (and can therefore get different
stuff if i'm prepared to wait until you order?)

Ta,
Tom


Reply With Quote
LZ
Reply

Thread Tools



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:33.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Page generated in 0.09157 seconds with 8 queries