Land Rover ForumsLandrover Forum

Forum LZ Shop Gallery For Sale LZ - Live
Go Back   Land Rover Zone > Community > General Land Rover Chat
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Land Rover Chat Doesn't fit in anywhere else? Not sure where to post? Stick it in here and someone will move it if needed! :) Forum Sponsored By: Famous Four - Mail Order Land Rover Parts Specialists

Welcome to Land Rover Zone!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos and use our for sale section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111  
Old 26th-October-2012, 23:50
nrgserv's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shipley, west yorks.
Posts: 4,096
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0G View Post
Down plating a two horse trailer could just work for B licence towing with an estate car but it depends where it is going to be towed
Tarmac roads etc would be fine but get onto any rough ground and oops
wouldnt that be still a braked trailer tho?
an as far as i'm aware, if you aint got the trailer test then its up to 750kg unbraked?
Reply With Quote
LZ
  #112  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:27
goonarmy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hornchurch apparently
Posts: 20,325
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

I dont get thors point about wheel sizes.thats dependant on the trailer. And yes the freelander with a total of 1920kg on should be fine, just short of 300kgs spare. My lads tow up to the limit daily ...
And on occasion over...tsk, tsk. But unless you own a weigh bridge its hard to tell
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:33
goonarmy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hornchurch apparently
Posts: 20,325
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by suew View Post
Yes they are

Found a pic of the car which was towing a large two horse trailer

Depending o which injun it has this will tow in the region of 1.8tons.not bad, and quite possibly 4wd.

Last edited by goonarmy; 27th-October-2012 at 00:34. Reason: mixing fwd and 4wd
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Land of the midnight sun
Posts: 23,431
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonarmy View Post
I dont get thors point about wheel sizes.thats dependant on the trailer. And yes the freelander with a total of 1920kg on should be fine, just short of 300kgs spare. My lads tow up to the limit daily ...
And on occasion over...tsk, tsk. But unless you own a weigh bridge its hard to tell
Load rating for tyres. Have seen where peeps have used car tyres on a heavy trailer because they are same size instead of a tyres rated for trailer use. 2 ply side walls verses 6-8ply side walls, heavier built
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:36
goonarmy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hornchurch apparently
Posts: 20,325
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor1950 View Post
Load rating for tyres. Have seen where peeps have used car tyres on a heavy trailer because they are same size instead of a tyres rated for trailer use. 2 ply side walls verses 6-8ply side walls, heavier built
Still doesnt mean any thing. The size of the tire should fit the trailer such as a sankey
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Land of the midnight sun
Posts: 23,431
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonarmy View Post
Still doesnt mean any thing. The size of the tire should fit the trailer such as a sankey
this will explain what i am saying if you read it

Tire Tech Information - Trailer Tires vs. Passenger Vehicle Tires
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:48
goonarmy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hornchurch apparently
Posts: 20,325
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor1950 View Post
this will explain what i am saying if you read it

Tire Tech Information - Trailer Tires vs. Passenger Vehicle Tires
And putting sankey trailer into google will show you wot i mean
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:49
200tdi ayre's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ashbourne (sometimes)
Posts: 5,266
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

We often tow the limit with our D3 16ft flatbed with a 2.5 tonne machine on the trailer, so possibly slightly over but the brakes are constantly adjusted and you can actually stop quicker with the trailer on and half loaded than without the trailer at all just sensibility and maintance and there's no worries
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Land of the midnight sun
Posts: 23,431
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonarmy View Post
And putting sankey trailer into google will show you wot i mean
and we were talking about horse boxs not sankey trailers, different animal
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 27th-October-2012, 00:51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Land of the midnight sun
Posts: 23,431
Default Re: Would you tow up to your vehicle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200tdi ayre View Post
We often tow the limit with our D3 16ft flatbed with a 2.5 tonne machine on the trailer, so possibly slightly over but the brakes are constantly adjusted and you can actually stop quicker with the trailer on and half loaded than without the trailer at all just sensibility and maintance and there's no worries
trailer to lite and just slides as with most trailers when empty
Reply With Quote
LZ
Reply

Thread Tools



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:19.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Page generated in 0.13522 seconds with 8 queries